October 30, 2009

Yesterday I was 13 weeks old. I am getting longer and taller. I’ve already gone through my first small kennel weeks ago. Life is good here. I know they love and adore me. I try really hard to be good but sometimes that old Devil comes along and stirs me up. He’s had me stirred up forever with the nipping and biting. Today is the day Deb Boswell from Bark Busters is coming to show them how to effectively handle me.

Mamaw left mid-morning to go to the doctor and I thought she would never get home. I was so happy when she did. I enjoyed being with Poppy, but I like it when they are both here.

Deb came and we started right in on how special I am—she thought so too. You know, we went through the whole “Isn’t she beautiful“ ,“Isn’t she cute” routine which, of course, I ate it all up. They talked at length about the fact that I will never understand a human so the leader of the pack has to become more like a dog. The commands are a Baaaaa growl deep in the throat when I do something she doesn’t want me to do. I did sit up and take notice. And, Oh yeah, there is the matter of the spray from the water bottle when I forget to listen. So, the afternoon was LONG…got a lot done and Mamaw promised to work with me every day (like she hasn’t?)

It is Trick or Treat night. They don’t want me to become frightened by the doorbell ringing constantly or the costumes. They took my kennel back in the bedroom and turned on the TV for me. Then they left and went out for a couple drinks and dinner. They were gone just the two hours the kids could come and go and then home again. We played for a while and then it was bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment