October 29, 2009

Lots of stuff going on here today. Poppy was off to the dentist while Mamaw and I did our usual potty breaks. She played with me for quite a while and then repeatedly said ENOUGH. I guess that means to stop playing. I begged to get on the couch with her and we had a little nappy.

Our walk today was just the half-circle. The waste recycle truck hadn’t been around yet and Mamaw knew I would be scared shitless if it came around while we were walking.

Poppy is drinking a whole bunch of stuff that makes him have to poop so he is running to and from the bathroom. Mamaw says we gotta stay out of his way! At 5:00 p.m. she took me to PetSmart where I am to have a puppy cut. She put me in the kennel and off we went. You know I don’t like the car but I had to go with her. We started to walk up to the store when 2 big dogs were leaving with their new haircuts. They scared the hell out of me and I yipped. Mamaw was right there to protect me…I needed that. The big doors open all by themselves and I don’t want to go in there. The floors are waxed to the max and she half drags—half leads me to the grooming area. I can tell I am not going to like this!!!

My groomer’s name is Danielle (Dani). She is young and pretty. She gave me my bath and I gave her a run for her money where some of this stuff was involved. I DID NOT like the dryer, or the drying cage. I protested some to having my paws trimmed but, oh, they feel so much better! I was there about an hour and forty-five minutes when they called Mamaw to come get me. My ears were damp because I didn’t want to be dried. We’re going to have to work on feeling more comfortable around big, loud noises, appliances and the hair dryer. Go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment